Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Useful Feature: Trips


Ok, here's an example of a great use of Oistr.  I'm working in my office.  My stomach growls.  Where am I going to go for lunch?  Ah, I did McDonalds yesterday and Ricky's the day before, I want to go somewhere I haven't been in a while.  Somewhere I know.

Luckily, as I've found restaurants or bars that I enjoy for lunch in my neighborhood, I've added them to a trip on Oistr.  That's the screen shot above.

The trip is open so anyone can add to it, play with it, or whatever, here. If you live or work in the neighborhood, please contribute.

So now I can browse the map and immediatley weigh my options based on how far away they are from me.  I find it very useful.  When I find a new restaurant I snap a couple pictures with my camera phone, throw them up on Oistr and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment